I’ll have to admit, one of my weakness’ are tacos. I love them. When I was pregnant with my daughter Samantha, Mexican food was my favorite. I used to go get tacos all the time and the spicier the better! My kids always love taco night at our house and these Crispy Baked Ground Turkey Tacos are a quick & easy weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy.
As my kids get older, our lives seem to just get busier. Pretty much every night of the week has some sort of sport, activity, or play date scheduled. It’s easy to go through out the day and then all of a sudden, it’s 5 o’clock and I have no idea what I’m doing for dinner! I love these tacos, because 90% of the time, I already have all of the ingredients. When I do get stuck without a dinner plan, I can make these quick and in a hurry.
This idea originally came from The Cookie Rookie for her Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos. I saw the idea and then adapted it for what our family likes. My kids don’t like things too terribly spicy, so I like making these pretty basic and then everyone can top them with their favorite ingredients. Toppings can include lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa, guacamole or sour cream. The possibilities are endless really! I love baked tacos because the inside is warm and delicious and the outside gets nice and crispy.
I recommend using the stand and stuff style shells for these tacos. You can use regular shells, however, they don’t stand up and stay in place as well in the baking pan. Most grocery stores carry both blue corn shells (pictured in this post) or yellow corn. I have tried both and they are both great, so whichever you prefer. You can also make your own re-fried beans if you like, you will need about 2 cups.
What are your favorite taco toppings?
Don’t forget, if you make one of my recipes, make sure you share a picture of it with me!
You can post and tag me, I’d love to see all of your creations! #SaporitoKitchen
Pinterest: Saporito Kitchen
Facebook: Saporito Kitchen
Crispy Baked Ground Turkey Tacos
- 10 each stand and stuff taco shells
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 oz can) refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Assorted Taco Toppings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place taco shells in 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium sized pan over medium high heat add ground turkey and cook for about 5 minutes or until turkey is mostly browned. Add in salt, cumin, garlic powder and chili powder and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until meat is completely cooked and spices are well incorporated.
- Remove meat from the pan, draining excess liquid and divide ground meat evenly into the 10 taco shells.
- Divide refried beans evenly and place on top of meat in the tacos shells. Top meat and beans with shredded cheese.
- Bake tacos in the oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges are slightly browned.
- Top with desired toppings, such as, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, avocado, sour cream or salsa.