Creamy Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage is an easy soup that can be made in just 30 minutes and bursting with delicious Italian flavors!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lb ground mild Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic ( minced)
- 4 oz sundried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot or dutch oven add olive oil and ground sausage. Cook over medium heat until browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic, sundried tomatoes, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the top of the sausage and spices and whisk to combine. Slowly add in vegetable broth while whisking and then increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Once mixture starts to boil, add in frozen tortellini and cook about 5 minutes until tortellini is cooked through. Add in milk and return mixture to a low boil over medium heat, for about 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Remove soup off of the heat and stir in fresh spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Category: Main Course, Soup
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Calories: 499
Keywords: pasta, sausage