This creamy sundried tomato and goat cheese pasta recipes is a light and easy weeknight dinner that can be made in just 20 minutes! Rigatoni pasta is mixed with goat cheese and sundried tomatoes for a light and creamy sauce that the whole family will love. For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for 20-minute sundried tomato pasta!
When you have had a busy day, the last thing you want to do is make an elaborate or overly complicated meal for dinner. My go-to weeknight meal when I'm drained from the day's activities is usually pasta. It's quick and easy and something the whole family will enjoy.
🍝 Ingredient notes
- Pasta - I love using rigatoni for this recipe but penne or even shells would work great too!
- Goat Cheese - Plain goat cheese of any kind will do the trick. I prefer buying the full log of goat cheese, I think it's a bit creamier, but crumbles will work too.
- Sundried Tomatoes - Get the sundried tomatoes packed in oil. Even though you don't use the oil in the jar, there will be a bit on the tomatoes that will add some creaminess to the sauce.
- Milk - Whole milk or half and half works best for this sauce!
- Parmesan Cheese & Basil - These are optional, but highly recommended!
🔪 Step by step instructions
First, cook your pasta in boiling salted water according to the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, remove the sundried tomatoes from the oil and dice them into small pieces.
Crumble the goat cheese into smaller pieces (if you are using a log) and set aside.
When the pasta is done cooking, drain the water from it and return the pasta to the pot you cooked it in.
Lastly, add in your sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, and milk and stir until the goat cheese has completely melted in.
Serve pasta immediately with freshly grated parmesan cheese and freshly chopped basil!
⭐ Top tip
- Make sure you always salt your water for cooking pasta. Using enough salt in your pasta cooking water helps flavor your pasta. 1 Tablespoon Salt = 4 quarts of water = 1 pound of pasta.
Creamy Sundried Tomato Pasta
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 8 ounces sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 5 ounces plain goat cheese
- ½ cup whole milk
- parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Cook rigatoni in a pot of boiling salted water according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, remove sundried tomatoes from the oil and dice them into small pieces. Crumble goat cheese into smaller pieces and set aside.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain the water from the pasta and return it to the pot you cooked it in.
- Add sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, and milk to the hot pasta and stir until goat cheese is completely melted in.
- Serve immediately with parmesan cheese and fresh basil if desired.
- Spicy - Add 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes to make it spicy!
- Meat lover - Add cooked Italian sausage, grilled chicken, or even diced ham to make this satisfy your favorite carnivore.
- Gluten free - Substitute regular pasta for gluten free pasta to make this dish gluten free.
💭 Frequently asked questions
Leftover pasta that's been the fridge will generally absorb a lot of the sauce. I recommend heating this on the stovetop with an additional ½ cup of milk so it doesn't become dry.
🍝 More easy dinners
If you enjoyed this recipe for my creamy sundried tomato pasta, check out these other popular easy dinner recipes.
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.