Cornbread and chicken apple sausage come together to make this delicious stuffing perfect for Thanksgiving or any holiday!
- 4 cups cornbread (crumbled)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 12 oz chicken apple sausage (diced)
- 2 large celery stalks (diced)
- 2 large carrots (diced)
- 1/2 large onion (diced)
- 1 large apple (peeled and diced )
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- On the baking sheet, spread out cornbread into one even layer. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- In a medium saute pan heat olive oil & butter over medium high heat. Add in sausage and saute for 2 minutes until lightly browned. Add in celery, carrots and onions and saute for another 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables are softened. Remove from the heat and stir in salt, pepper and fresh herbs.
- Combine cornbread and sausage & vegetable mixture in the prepared baking dish. Pour chicken stock over the top of the stuffing and press the cornbread down to make sure all of the cornbread absorbs the chicken stock.
- Check for seasoning and add salt & pepper as needed. Bake in preheated oven to 60-75 minutes until golden brown.
4 cups of cornbread is roughly one 8x8 pan of cornbread
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 501
Keywords: apple, chicken, cornbread, holiday, sausage, thanksgiving