A sweet, salty and spicy snack made with coconut oil, sriracha, and honey. Great for watching a movie or just lounging on a Sunday.
- 1/4 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- pinch kosher salt
- Place unpopped popcorn kernels in a brown paper lunch sack and fold over twice to seal. Cook in the microwave either on the popcorn setting or for approximately 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. When the popping slows to about 10 seconds between pops, it should be done.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, honey, sriracha and coconut extract. Stir to combine.
- Dump popped popcorn into a large bowl and slowly drizzle oil and honey mixture over the popcorn while stirring. Stir and toss the popcorn to make sure it is evenly coated with the liquid mixture.
Recipe yields 8 cups of popcorn or 2-4 servings.
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 107
Keywords: coconut, gluten free, popcorn, snack, sriracha, vegan, vegetarian