There's nothing like homemade pumpkin pie and this recipe is no exception. Rich & sweet this Classic Homemade Pumpkin Pie is perfect for the holidays!
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter (cut in small pieces)
- 3-6 Tablespoons ice water
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a food processor, combine flour, salt and cold butter. Pulse 8-10 times, until butter in incorporated and the pieces are the size of small peas.
- Add in ice water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, pulsing 3-5 times after each addition, until the mixture just comes together.
- On a floured surface, turn out dough mixture and shape into a small disc.
- Wrap disc in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. (You can prepare the pie filling during this time).
- Take dough out of the fridge and remove from plastic wrap. Lay on a floured surface and roll out to approximately 1/4" thick.
- Lay prepared dough in greased 9" pie pan and crimp edges.
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk and eggs and whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Place mixture in the fridge to set for 30 minutes. (You can be rolling out the pie dough during this time).
- Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared pie crust and place pie on a baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake pie for 60-75 minutes. The pie is done when the filling is no longer liquid and you can shake the sheet pan and the pie filling no longer jiggles.
- Remove pie from the oven and cool for 30 minutes. Place pie in the fridge to completely chill before cutting to serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 322
Keywords: holiday, homemade, pie, pumpkin, sweets, thanksgiving, vegetarian