Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Candy is a fun holiday treat. This sweet treat is made up of fluffy homemade marshmallows dipped in decadent chocolate!
Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Candy
Continuing on with more holiday treats, I bring you Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Candy. These little candies are so delicious, I can't even begin to explain. They may seem simple, but they really are special. The homemade marshmallow in this candy is like fluffy little pillows. Dip them in chocolate and they are over the moon phenomenal.
I started making homemade marshmallows a few years ago after some encouragement from my sister and some fellow food bloggers. They scared me, but I thought I would take a chance and I'm so glad I did. This marshmallow recipe is from Martha Stewart and it's a tried and true recipe. There are two parts to make these marshmallows together. One is the gelatin mixture that provides the pillowy, smushy texture to the marshmallows. Second is the sugar mixture that is boiled to give the marshmallows their structure and of course their sweetness. Here are some tips to make sure they come together easily:
- Make sure you allow the gelatin to sit in the water for at least 5 minutes to make sure it's properly softened.
- Invest in a decent thermometer to check the temperature of the sugar syrup.
- Add the sugar syrup SLOWLY so it doesn't splash up and also so it incorporates thoroughly.
- Don't skimp on greasing the baking dish or knife, these marshmallows can be sticky!
- If the chocolate starts to set up before you finish dipping, you can microwave it again to melt it using the same instructions.
Making marshmallows is a fun activity for the holidays. Keep an eye out for one more marshmallow recipe that's perfect for sharing this holiday season!