Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes are thinly sliced and layered with loads of cheese, then baked till perfectly browned on top and creamy in the middle.
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a 9x13" baking pan or casserole dish with butter or baking spray.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add butter and garlic. Saute for 1 minute and then sprinkle in flour. Whisk to combine.
- While whisking, add in half and half and milk until thoroughly incorporated. Continue to whisk and cook over medium heat until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove sauce from the heat and whisk in salt, pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, thinly slice all of the potatoes.
- Place sliced potatoes in layers in the prepared baking dish, alternating every couple layers of potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese. The top layer should be sliced potatoes.
- Pour prepared sauce over the layered potatoes and cheese and sprinkle the top with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender and browned on top. Let potatoes sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 340
Keywords: cheese, holidays, potatoes, thanksgiving, vegetarian