This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavortheSizzle #TexasPete #SauceLikeYouMeanIt
Get ready for Summer with these tasty buffalo chicken burgers on the grill! These delicious burgers are stuffed with blue cheese, Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce, butter and topped with pepper jack cheese for the best chicken burgers for summer grilling!
It's almost officially summertime which means more cooking on the grill! Our family loves hanging out in the backyard while the kids play and cooking our dinner on the grill. These buffalo chicken burgers are some of the tastiest burgers you will ever eat! The seasoned butter stuffed on the inside infuses the buffalo chicken flavor throughout the burger and also keeps them super moist. I used Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce in this recipe and honestly, I'm so in love with it! Texas Pete® products are the perfect balance of bold flavors and heat, making it the perfect sauce for this chicken burger recipe. Head on over to their website to learn more about all of their fun flavors that can be used for so many different recipes!
🌶 Ingredient notes
- Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce - To make sure you get that true buffalo chicken flavor these burgers are infused with this delicious sauce in both the meat mixture and the compound butter stuffing. Although optional, I highly recommend basting your finished burgers with a little extra sauce at the end. To learn where you can find Texas Pete® products check out their product locator.
- Compound butter - So what's a compound butter anyway? Compound butter is softened butter that is mixed with other ingredients to flavor a dish as it melts. This butter is infused with both blue cheese crumbles and Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce. As the burgers cook, the butter melts to not only ensure a juicy burger but also to infuse those classic flavors throughout the dish.
- Ground chicken - I recommend using ground chicken as opposed to ground chicken breast. It uses both dark and light meat so the fat content is a little bit higher. This will help your burger stick together well, but also help make a juicy burger.
🔪 Step by step instructions
First, combine the Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce with softened butter and blue cheese crumbles to make the compound butter. Mix thoroughly until no large chunks of butter remain.
Next, place the mixture on a piece of plastic wrap and roll it up tightly into a cylinder shape about 4 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. Place the butter in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. You can also make the butter ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The butter just needs to be solidified enough so you can slice it to place inside of the burgers.
Combine ground chicken, Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce, celery salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix together to evenly distribute the sauce and spices through the meat.
Slice the compound butter into four equal pieces and divide the meat mixture into four equal pieces. Place a slice of the butter in the middle of one piece of meat mixture. Wrap the meat around the butter to completely enclose it. Lightly flatten the meat to form a burger patty and place the patties in the freezer to chill for 15 minutes while you prep the grill. You can make the burgers ahead of time and store them covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
While the burgers are chilling, preheat the grill on high or approximately 400˚. Grease the grill grates generously with vegetable oil to help prevent sticking. Cook burgers for about 14-17 minutes, flipping halfway through until the internal temperature reads 165˚ when checked with a kitchen thermometer. If desired, baste the burgers with extra Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce.
Top burgers with a slice of pepper jack cheese and remove the burgers from the grill to allow to rest.
While burgers are resting, place the buns face down on the grill for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned and grill marked.
Top burgers with a leaf of romaine lettuce and serve on the grilled burger buns.
⭐ Top tip
Make sure to generously grease the preheated grill by rubbing the grates with a paper towel with vegetable oil on it. This will help the burgers to not stick while cooking.Print
- Less spicy - For a less spicy version, do not baste the grilled burgers with extra sauce and replace the pepper jack cheese with provolone cheese.
- Gluten free - Wrap the finished burgers in romaine lettuce or replace the regular burger buns with your favorite gluten free buns.
💭 Frequently asked questions
I recommend using ground chicken instead of ground chicken breast. The fat content is higher and will help keep the burgers together. Chilling the burgers for 10-15 minutes prior to grilling will also help to keep them together.
♨️ More grilling recipes
If you loved this recipe for my buffalo chicken burgers, here are some more grilling recipes that I know you will love too!
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.