Up your Sunday brunch game with this heavenly Breakfast Pizza with Ricotta Cheese. This delicious pizza is topped with rich and creamy ricotta, sautéed fresh spinach and red onion, and whole eggs baked right on top until perfectly yolky. For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for this homemade breakfast pizza!
This post has been sponsored by Galbani. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It's no secret that I love breakfast food and I'm always looking for fun and unique ways to serve breakfast for my family. Whether it be the weekend or a special holiday, this Breakfast Pizza with Ricotta Cheese is so delicious and is perfect for breakfast or brunch. It's made using Galbani® Double Cream Ricotta which is made using twice the cream of regular whole milk ricotta for an extra rich flavor. It's especially creamy and the perfect pair to the yolky eggs baked right on top.
- Pizza Dough - I love making homemade pizza dough, but if you prefer, store-bought will work too. You will need approximately 1 pound of pizza dough or enough for a 12" pizza.
- Ricotta Cheese - I highly recommend using Galbani Double Cream Ricotta for this recipe. It's made with just 4 simple ingredients (MILK, CREAM, VINEGAR, SALT) so it has an authentic, homemade taste that makes a uber creamy base for the pizza toppings. Check out their product locator to find out where you can get Galbani Double Cream Ricotta!
- Baby Spinach & Sliced Red Onions - These fresh ingredients will be sauteed for tasty toppings to go on the ricotta.
- Eggs - Three fresh eggs are all you need for this recipe and they will be nestled right into the ricotta.
🔪 Step by step insructions
First, stretch out your pizza dough into a 12" circle and place it on a pizza stone or sheet pan that has been sprinkled with cornmeal.
Drizzle your dough with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pre-bake the crust for 5 minutes in a 450˚ oven.
While your crust is pre-baking, saute the red onion in olive oil for 3 minutes until they just soften.
Then add your spinach and saute for 1 more minute until it just wilts. Set aside.
Remove pizza from the oven and spread with Galbani ricotta over the entire crust, leaving a little bit of an edge for the crust.
Spread the sauteed spinach and onions evenly over the ricotta cheese and then using the back of a spoon, create three small nests in the ricotta that are deep enough for each egg.
Crack each egg into a small bowl and then pour it one at a time into each nested area.
Carefully move pizza on the pizza stone or sheet pan, back in the oven for 15 minutes to finish cooking. Pizza is done when the crust is beautifully browned and the egg white are done cooking, but yolks are still runny.
Allow the pizza to sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
⭐ Top tips
- Don't skip the cornmeal - Whether you are using a pizza stone or sheet pan, I highly recommend sprinkling it with cornmeal. This not only helps to prevent sticking but also makes a crispy delicious crust.
- Put it in a bowl first - Crack your eggs one at a time into a small bowl before putting on the pizza. That way if you have a bad egg or get some shells in there, you don't ruin the whole pizza!
- Keep an eye out - Everyone's oven is different, so keep an eye on your crust and pizza when it's cooking. If it's browning too quickly, reduce the heat to 425˚.
- For the meat lover - Add cooked Italian sausage, salami or even grilled chicken to satisfy your favorite carnivore.
- Make it spicy - sprinkle the finished pizza with crushed red pepper or your favorite hot sauce for an extra zesty kick!
- Gluten free - Opt for your favorite gluten free pizza dough or crust to make this a gluten free breakfast pizza.
🍳 More brunch recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe for my breakfast pizza with ricotta cheese, check out these other popular recipes for brunch.
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.