Blue Cheese Kettle Chips
These Blue Cheese Kettle Chips are a favorite in our house. My husband and I are in love with blue cheese, so naturally, we devour these! They are a quick and easy appetizer that you can make for a movie night, a dinner party or even a lazy Sunday afternoon. You just need a few simple ingredients and in less than 30 minutes you have a delicious shareable snack.
How to Make Blue Cheese Chips
These blue cheese chips are a cinch to make, here is what you need:
- 8 oz bag of your favorite kettle chips (these are mine!)
- Blue Cheese…duh
- Bacon (any kind will do!)
- Scallions (green onions)
- Hot Sauce!
Now, the recipe is quite simple. First, you need to cook our bacon and then let it cool a bit so you can chop into smaller pieces. I like to cook it in the oven on a sheet pan, that way my oven is already preheated and ready for the chips. Once your bacon is all cooked and chopped up, you will start to layer your ingredients. You can layer the chips, blue cheese, and bacon in your desired cooking vessel. You know I’m obsessed with cooking in cast iron, so I use my favorite Lodge Cast Iron Pan lined with a piece of parchment paper. Next, you just place the layered chips in the oven for about 5 minutes so the cheese can melt and then they are done! Garnish with your sliced scallions and a few shakes of your favorite hot sauce and you are good to go!
Why Kettle Chips?
So, why kettle chips you ask? You can use any type of potato chip that you like, I suppose. However, I like using Kettle Chips for this particular recipe. Kettle chips are a little bit sturdier and hold up better in my opinion. Kettle chips are cooked longer than regular potato chips which make them a bit thicker. Also, they are my favorite.
Blue Cheese Kettle Chips with Bacon & Scallions
- 6 strips bacon
- 8 oz kettle potato chips
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- hot sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a sheet pan with foil. Lay strips of bacon on the prepared sheet pan and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until crispy. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While bacon is cooling, line a cast iron pan or sheet pan with parchment paper. Layer chips and blue cheese in prepared pan and bake in 400° for 5 minutes until blue cheese starts to melt and is slightly brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Chop cooled bacon into small pieces and sprinkle on top of chips. Sprinkle chips with scallions and serve with hot sauce on the side.
Looking for more delicious snacks to make at home? Here are some more of my favorites: