These loaded chips are the best shareable appetizer. Crispy kettle chips are baked with layers of creamy blue cheese and crispy bacon pieces. Topped with scallions and drizzled with hot sauce, these crispy and melty chips are a tasty snack!
These Blue Cheese Kettle Chips are a favorite in our house. My husband and I are in love with blue cheese, so naturally, we devour these! They are a quick and easy appetizer that you can make for a movie night, a dinner party, or even a lazy Sunday afternoon. You just need a few simple ingredients and in less than 30 minutes you have a delicious shareable snack.
🥓 Ingredients notes
- Kettle chips - I like using kettle chips for this recipe because they hold up so well to the toppings. Kettle chips are cooked in batches and take a longer time to crisp. This results in a thicker sturdier chip which is perfect for loading them up with toppings.
- Blue cheese - I love blue cheese for its creamy and tangy flavor. Alternatively, use goat or feta cheese.
- Bacon - Choose your favorite type of bacon for this recipe. I personally like thick sliced applewood smoked bacon, however, any will do!
🔪 Step by step instructions
First, layer a 10" cast iron skillet with parchment paper or foil and add half of your kettle chips. Top that with half of your cheese and half of your bacon. Layer on the remaining chips, cheese and bacon pieces.
Bake the chips in the oven for just about 5 minutes until the chips start to brown and the cheese starts to melt.
Remove the chips from the oven and top with scallions. Drizzle the chips with hot sauce or serve it on the side!
If you ever don't recognize a tool or skill that I mention, be sure to look it up in the Glossary of Cooking Terms and Definitions for more information.
⭐ Top tip
Make sure to line your skillet with parchment paper or foil to make for easy clean up!
- Vegetarian - omit the bacon or replace with meat-free crumbles to make this dish vegetarian
- Dairy free - replace the blue cheese with your favorite dairy free cheese alternative
- More of a kick! - switch out the scallions for pickled jalapeños or pepperoncini peppers!
- For a crowd - double this recipe and use a baking sheet instead of a cast iron skillet to serve even more people!
💭 Frequently asked questions
This recipe can be made on a small sheet pan or even a 2 quart casserole dish if you don't have a cast iron skillet.
For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for these loaded blue cheese chips!
🫒 More appetizer recipes
If you loved this recipe for these tasty loaded chips, check out these other appetizers that I know you will love too!
- Cold Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Manchego
- Fried Goat Cheese Balls with Arrabiata Dip
- Whipped Ricotta with Lemon
Loaded Chips with Blue Cheese and Bacon
- 8 ounces plain kettle potato chips
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 6 strips cooked bacon diced
- 2 scallions sliced thinly
- hot sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a 10" cast iron skillet with parchment paper or foil.
- Add half of the chips to the prepared skillet and top with half of the blue cheese and half of the bacon.
- Layer on the remaining chips, blue cheese, and bacon,
- Bake chips in the preheated oven till the chips are slightly browned and the cheese is slightly melted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Top chips with sliced scallions and serve the hot sauce on the side or drizzled on top.
Snack heaven...loaded with great taste.
Such a delicious appetizer! Everyone at my house loved it!
I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it!
A perfect comfort food for a friday evening while watching tv!
As a big blue cheese lover, this was my perfect appetizer! And then the bacon really made it over-the-top delicious. So good!
Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed them!
Blue cheese with chips is just a no-brainer! Great recipe!
What an awesome take on nachos, I love these!
I love blue cheese and these kettle chips are so delicious! The perfect appetizer!
We all loved these so, so much!
Awesome! Thank you for trying the recipe!
Blue cheese and bacon on these chips were super delicious. Loved it.