This easy baked asparagus with lemon is made with 5 easy ingredients for the perfect side dish to any meal. Both gluten free and vegetarian!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, approximately 1 pound
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- Preheat oven to 375˚ and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Wash asparagus and trim off the bottom 1-2 inches of the asparagus stalks and discard.
- Place asparagus stalks on the prepared sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Zest lemon and sprinkle the zest on the asparagus. Save the lemon for juicing.
- Bake asparagus in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until asparagus is tender and lightly browned.
- Squeeze juice from zested lemon over asparagus and serve.
- Category: side dishes
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: asparagus, lemon, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan